2.5.14

skin.


Originally I had wanted to title this lace because it was going to be a post about my obsession with lace bras...but the more I looked through the photos I realized these pictures go much deeper than this. I was actually finally accepting my skin
I am 100% conservative (generally) and modest when it comes to clothing...for the most part I like to be pretty covered. When I started taking these pictures I had on shoes and a shirt wrapped around my waist to cover as much skin as possible. But I began to realize it all looked to ridiculous. Looking at these photos made me realize I have come a long way. I always hated my body because I was "too skinny" or had no boobs or whatever. But as the years go on I beginning to really accept it and love it along with all the blemishes on my skin that these photos seem to mask haha. Anyways this is me :) On a side note I love how artsy they ended up looking...I was so worried these wouldn't be tasteful and would be totally trashy.




I love how happy I look with my smiling eyes...the camera captured it at the right moment.


BeyoncĂ© sang it best. "Perfection is a disease of a nation" 
I may never be perfect but I am definitely happy. 

- Dominique xx

bra: PINK
pants: Urban Outfitters 

17 comments:

  1. I also hatted my body for so long, but I realized this toughs would never take me anywhere, so I learned to accept myself and to be happy :)
    xx

    http://fashionalatic.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it's stressful but good when you accept it!!!
      Glad you are happy :)

      Delete
  2. obsessed with lace bras too. and very inspiring post.
    xx http://1finedai.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love lace bras as well. these photos look so peaceful, like on a Sunday afternoon. nice post!
    www.lettersimpromptu.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank u dear for a lovely comment on my blog, and I liked ur blog, it's unsual, and this post is inspiring, loved the first round up pictures as it showed ur sillouette appear nicely
    Followed u via Insta to keep in touch, u can follow back if u'd like to follow...couldn't find GFC in ur blog coz i wanted to add ur blog for my reading list
    Kisses
    Ainur
    www.trendy-twist.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Embracing your body is a very important lesson to realize and completely adhere to-- we are so constantly bombarded by unrealistic body images that we never are satisfied with our own bodies even though those on magazines are always airbrushed and photoshopped within an inch of their lives! It's wonderful that you are showing some love to your (lovely) body and being proud of who you are! You don't look trashy at all! The lace bra is beautiful and you really capture this quiet moment in a very stylish and sophisticated way :)

    xx Debbie

    www.whatdoffydoes.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have a perfect body. Wish we could trade!

    http://industrialbarbie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey! Don't say that
      My body isn't perfect and no ones is but ya gotta love what you have flaws and all.

      Thanks for the compliment though :)

      Delete
  7. I love your figure! The media has been crazy about the beauty standard these days, we have to appreciate what we have :)
    I've been eating healthy to make myself feel good! xx

    http://rosalindatj.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. If you're too skinny then I am a zombie. I honestly have no complain with my body eventhough I don't have anything - boobs, butt haha. I think the most important thing is stay true to yourself and love yourself, because at the end of the day all we wanted was to be happy. You're beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The lace looks fabulous on you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. As someone said above embracing one's own body is really a lesson to realize.
    & Love the way you quoted Beyonce. Loved reading this post.
    Would you like to follow each other on GFC, Bloglovin
    & Google+? Lemme know!

    X
    http://subhamrai.blogspot.in/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha Bey is my girl had to quote her!

      Delete
  11. I love lace bras


    new post
    http://www.georgiapeacock.blogspot.com
    G♥

    ReplyDelete
  12. Much love for your comment on my blog bb! Lovely post xx

    http://reallyliteral.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. I need one!!!

    http://www.life-fashion-freedom.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete