25.3.14

olfactory.


I have the strangest obsession with men's cologne. I'm not entirely sure what it is but that masculine smell leaves me content. One time while I was working, there was this woman that kept asking "is this supposed to be a men's cologne?" for almost every woodsy scent we carried. A good sales person always tells half the truth and would reply "well that's up to your own personal preference." However, I was so curious as to why she was so into these "men" scents...and then I found out she was like me, she was more inclined to choose men's cologne over women's perfume.

We all have scents that we are obsessed with, that leave an imprint in our mind either because you are attracted to it or some pleasant memory is associated with it. There was always this one scent that whenever I smelled it on a person passing by I would immediately be distracted because it was so perfect. But it was always gone before I could really figure it out. I'm not sure what attracted me to this scent or what the memory associated with it was...I just knew I really needed to find it. It wasn't until years of constantly being distracted by this scent that I noticed it lingering on one of my guy friends, he happened to be wearing Versace Eau Fraiche and it smelled exactly like what I was looking for. The bonus was that it wasn't so masculine that I couldn't wear it, so after a week of testing it out to see if people liked it...I bought it.

As I go on in life I begin to realize I'm quite in tune with my senses, or rather sensitive to my surroundings ...which has its ups and downs. As you can see I have these HervĂ© Gambs flowers which act as a diffuser after you spray a scent on it. I tend to mix it with a cedar scent and the versace scent, for the perfect blend. So now, every time I enter my room I enter into a state of zen, serenity and happiness. Anyways sorry about the lengthy post! What scents bring you to serenity? 



here's a flower...a token of love for all my readers. <3 

-Dominique xx
PS also I hear GFC isn't working so if you wanna follow you can here on bloglovin :)

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

27 comments:

  1. They are so cute! I so needa get some for myself.
    Great blog

    xx Cissy
    www.idreamofbunnies.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. they are actually my obsession....after I bought one I ended up buying two others and another for my friend.
      anyways thank youuuuuu :)

      Delete
  2. Great post. Pretty interesting =)

    Hazel
    www.theskimplelife.com
    http://instagram.com/theskimplelife

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love certain men's cologne too :) my man wears Chanel and it smells amazing.. but I wouldn't wear it myself!
    www.lettersimpromptu.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah I think it's dependant on the person

      Delete
  4. Great post! I wanna try these.


    I AM ALSO ON: Instagram @kennydaily, Bloglovin and Facebook (i follow back, just let me know your links)


    xoxo;
    What Kenny Hearts a Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the bottle, so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  6. i think men's cologne makes us unisex though, my mom did really like the CK's, she uses it everyday. eventhough i'm a kenzo fan i still love chanel bleu too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. those are two really good scents though!
      I totally get what you're saying

      Delete
  7. Good fragrances! i like girls with M.J Daisy it's too sweet

    http://heyhadrien.blogspot.com.br/2014/03/like-xmas.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. My problem with men's cologne (or body wash) is that there are so few that are marketed well, so sitting next to random guys who wear the same cologne as men that I know and it confuses my brain.

    Sincerely,
    Sabrina

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I tend to layer it with coach poppy when wanting to be a little more feminine

      Delete
  9. I think I gravitate towards fresh fruity scents most. But my favorite has to VS' Pure Seduction scent! xx

    http://rosalindatj.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ahhh I know that scent it's really nice.
      I'm glad you read the post ahha I felt like no one would read it. :)

      Delete
  10. Great bottle <3

    Check out my blog:

    http://crimson-moon2000.blogspot.com/2014/03/52.html
    Best, Julita :))

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love men's cologne too!! I love the one who use my boyfriend, Dior Homme Cologne!!!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm gonna have to check it out!
      that sounds really nice.

      Delete
  12. There's something soothing about a mens cologne!
    I agree!
    xo

    http://hollydolly88.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  13. i personally wouldn't wear mens cologne, but i totally get what you mean! i can see why some women would be draw to mens cologne. smell is such a powerful sense and its amazing how much a certain smell can make you remember and make you reminisce about certain events in the past or people.

    katslovefashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had to make sure after a week of wearing it no one thought that it was men's cologne everyone wanted to know which perfume I was wearing so that worked out very nicely haha

      Delete
  14. Oh wow, that's some gorgeous packaging!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I like fresh perfumes and therefore I often like men's cologne, and this packaging is uber cute !

    Fashion and Cookies
    Join my black lace blouse Giveaway closing in one day !

    ReplyDelete
  16. nice post :)

    naomihtris.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love a good men's scent, but for the guy I'm with. My all-time fave would be Davidoff Adventure, which my boyfriend wears, but too bad they don't make it anymore, boo!

    If it makes you happy, why not?

    - Che

    style-che.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. sometimes I feel crazy at how obsessed I am. that's the first thing I notice on any guy I'm interested in ahha

      Delete